We are delighted to welcome a new member of our team - Manisha Devani, Clinical Pharmacist (From Sept 2017).
Role of clinical pharmacist:
1. Conduct medication review clinics to discuss your medication in depth, optimise and synchronise medication.
2. Resolve medicine issues and provide advice.
3. Check medication changes following a hospital admission, and ensure you receive the medication you need following discharge.
4. Review medication to reduce your risk of falls
5. Review medication related to long term conditions
By having a pharmacist on our team, we aim to reduce waiting times for appointments, improve patient health outcomes, improve screening, reduce A&E admissions and attendances, reduce medicines wastage, and overall, improve patient safety regarding use of medicines and overall quality of care with added value.
If you would like to discuss your medications or book an appointment for a medication review please call reception. You will be booked in with our Practice Clinical Pharmacist at the earliest opportunity.
You should attend for a medication review every 12 months during your birthday month with the Practice Clinical Pharmacist so that we can ensure that you are getting the most from your medications. Ask at reception when your next review is due.